- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 4 slices reduced-fat vintage cheddar cheese
- 4 HermanBurger Protein Buns
- 1 cup soft lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons American mustard
- 2 medium pickled cucumbers, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
*Optional extras: beetroot slices, pineapple slices, bacon slices
Step 1 – combine mince, garlic and zucchini in a mixing bowl. Season with black pepper. Divide mixture into 4 portions and form into patties.
Step 2 – Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray patties with oil and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (Note: for juicy burgers do not press down on the patties while cooking to release the juices). Turn off the heat, top each patty with cheese and leave to rest in pan for 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Toast HermanBurger Protein Buns, top with lettuce, burger, mustard, pickled cucumber and tomatoes (and any additional toppings). Serve with side salad or fries.