- Olive-oil cooking spray
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 500g raw)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, steamed
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 HermanBurger Protein Buns
- Soft lettuce leaves
- 8 sliced canned beetroot
Step 1 – Combine all patty ingredients, except sesame seeds, in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Wet hands and shape into 4 equal patties. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and place in fridge to chill for at least 5 minutes.
Step 2 – Meanwhile place all the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl, stir lightly and set aside.
Step 3 – Spray a non-stick frying pan and set on medium heat. Add the chilled patties and cook 4-5 minutes each side, or until golden brown=
Step 4 – Fill each fresh HermanBurger Protein Bun with lettuce, beetroot slices, a vegie patty and top with avocado salsa. Serve with side salad or fries.